“In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.”
Psalm 94:19, NKJV
It is the uncertainty of life that causes us anxiety, fear and many other unnecessary emotions.
- We worry about what the results of our test are going to be!
- We worry if we are going to pass a test!
- We worry about our jobs!
- We worry about our children!
- We worry about our family!
- We worry about our money!
- We worry about our monty! (sorry thought you needed that mentioned twice)
- We worry about our meeting with the boss!
- We worry if we don’t have something to worry about!
The truth is the only certainty in life is God (the Trinity), His Word and His Work. It is certain that He is going to do it His way. So here are a few things you can be certain of today.
- God is God and you are not!
- God is good! (1 Tim 4:4)
- God is loving! (1 John 4:8)
- God is merciful! (Rom 9:16)
- God is gracious! (Rom 16:20)
- God is powerful! (Genesis 1:1)
- God is patient! (Rom 2:4)
- God is informed! (John 16:30)
GOD CARES! Trust Him even you you can’t see Him!
The old hymn comes to mind when I see the word trust.
When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there is no other way
to be happy in Jesus but to trust and obey.
Last week our message was “Can You Trust God?”. We live in a time of much chaos, uncertainties and diverse difficulties. The issues are as diverse as the people who have them. Worry and anxiety often fill our days and fatigue fills our nights. The mind does not shut down when real issues are at hand, so what do you do?
“In the multitude of my anxieties within me, Your comforts delight my soul.” Psalm 94:19
The feedback from my message was overwhelming. It seems so many people could relate. Three thoughts will help you enter into His rest.
- Believe Jesus is God incarnate.
- Believe Jesus loves you.
- Believe Jesus has your best interest at heart.
Here is a prayer that might help you.
Lord, I do not understand everything going on in my life right now. There are so many uncertainties that scare me and has led me to a life of anxiety. I realize I might never understand all that is going on or why but I trust in you. I have to believe that you care for me and you have my best interest at heart. When I cannot see your hand I am going to trust your heart. So God, here are all my worries and anxieties. I give them to you. I will do my part and I know you will do your part. I look forward to see how you untangle my life. Amen.